Show and Restore Deleted Files
Files will not get automatically deleted from your Cloud backup, even if you have deleted the original copy of them from your machine, as this is the main purpose of having a backup.
In the case you have deleted file(s) locally from your machine, you will find that those file(s) still available under your Cloud backup, but they will be flagged as Deleted Files. Here is how to view such Deleted Files:
Method 1: From DaytaPol Website
1. Sign in to your DaytaPol online account.
2. From the left side menu, click the Discover option.
3. From the left-side panel, click the name of the device which you want to check its backed up data.
4. By default, all your backed up files will be shown in front of you, including the Deleted Files. Those Deleted Files will be shown in red color. This is what you can do:
- Turn off/on showing the Deleted Files with your data: To do this, click the Actions icon () at the upper right corner of the Discover Data page → Click the Include Deleted Files option to turn it on/off.
5. You can download those files directly from there.
Method 2: From DaytaPol application
1. Right-click DaytaPol agent (icon) in the system tray (Taskbar) and select the Open Dashboard option.
2. Click on the Restore option.
3. From the window that will appear, select the name of the computer that you want to restore from.
4. Now, enable the Show/Restore deleted files option at the bottom of the window. This will show you all the data you have in the Cloud, including the deleted files/folders. You can select them and proceed with the restore process.
How to generate logs for users who have policies assigned If you have a policy assigned to you, and need to generate the logs for...
How to Generate the Advanced Debug Logs For troubleshooting purposes, the Technical Support may ask for trace logs of the program....
Ransomware Protection: How To Restore Files If Malware Encrypts ThemData on the Cloud does not get affected by any malware that could...
The Audit option DaytaPol keeps records for each action taken on the system or on the machine where DaytaPol software is installed,...
General questions about files sharing Q. Can I share files and folders with anyone whether they have DaytaPol or not? A. The person...